There are several things that you should really do to take care of your laptop when you are trying to make sure it lasts a long time. From the most simple maintenance to that which requires a few minutes of your time it can significantly increase the life of your laptop and in return save you a bundle of money. With these simple and easy to follow suggestions you are sure to help you learn how to take care of your laptop like a pro.
1) Locking your notebook – This might sound unnecessary but locking your laptop will keep anyone around you from looking at what you are working on and ensure that anything private stays that way. To lock your laptop easily all you have to do is just press the Windows Key + L at the same time and it will lock your laptop. To unlock your laptop simply press Ctrl + Atl + Del and then enter your password and you will be returned back to exactly where you were previously.
2) Vent maintenance – This means you need to check all of the vents on your laptop at least once a week to ensure that they are clear and not blocked. Be sure you do not push anything into the air vents; the safest way to clean these vents typically is using a simple can of air that can be purchased at most computer supply stores.
3) Check the fan – If your fan is not working correctly you could experience some huge problems with your laptop overheating, which can cause problems with your monitor, memory or even the hard drive. To avoid this problem you need to make sure that the fan is working properly. If you are unsure whether the fan is working properly check the website for the laptop manufacturer, you can frequently find software there to use for testing purposes.
4) Keeping lap burn to a minimum – This may seem like a minor detail but when you experience it you will suddenly notice the significance of this. In order to help prevent this and ensure your laptop is getting proper airflow make sure you are using something such as a desk or similar hard surface to hold your laptop anytime you are using it.
5) Avoiding soft spots – This is a problem that is quite common for many people, if you are just sitting around on the couch you might prop your laptop up on a pillow on your lap. This may seem like a great idea but it can cause a huge problem since it can significantly restrict the airflow to fans and vents causing your laptop to heat up significantly.
6) Safely storing your laptop – While the great laptop bags that are sold are wonderful for transporting your laptop it is very important that you turn your laptop off before you actually put it into the bag. If you do not power it down you could melt your laptop or potentially catch it on fire.
7) Drinks beware – If you are thinking about getting a drink it is important to make sure that your drink is as far away from your laptop as possible. Drinks and laptops do not mix well under any circumstances regardless of what you are drinking.
8) Avoiding shocks – If you are looking to move your laptop around a bit you should always ensure that it is on a sturdy surface that will protect it from unexpectedly jostling around. If the laptop is well protected you can safely move it around, however if the laptop is not stable you should turn it off before moving it around.
9) Humidity is not your friend – regardless of the reason for the humidity, you should do your best to protect your laptop from humidity. This can cause damage to the motherboard as well as possible damage to the screen.
10) Dust is the enemy of your computer – You should always make sure that your laptop is kept away from dust; this can clog fans and even vents which will cause your laptop to heat up significantly. To help protect the laptop it is important to look for a way to protect your computer such as keeping it on a table or a desk.
Bonus) Off the floor – There is never any reason to leave your laptop on the floor even for a brief moment. While it might seem like a good place for only a moment it can create problems if you have a pet that decides to use the computer as a chew toy, or if someone accidentally steps on the laptop.
Bonus) Surge protectors are critical – This can allow you to adequately protect your computer in the event that a power surge occurs, which could damage your computer.
Bonus) Protect the screen – If you are in the habit of storing papers between the screen of your laptop and the keyboard it is possible to scratch the screen from the paper. This can create an extremely large repair bill that you would be left with. Avoid this as much as possible to ensure that your screen is protected.
Learning how to properly care for your laptop is really quick and easy, but will certainly allow your laptop to last much longer. As long as you are willing to take some basic precautions for your laptop, you are going to enjoy a lot of usage.
by The spectacular https://essaynara.com/ waterfront setting is in the heart of the chesapeake bay region