This article talks about the various free apple laptop applications available online. If you were wondering which ones to download, this article may help you in choosing the best ones.
For those of you looking for applications to download on your apple laptop, you should know that you can get them for free on the World Wide Web. There are a number of websites that allow you to download free Apple laptop applications. There are over 50 such applications for you to choose from and this article lists fifteen of the more essential applications that you must have on your MacBook.
1. OpenOffice.org – This application can work on operating systems other than Mac. It is compatible with Windows and Ubuntu.
2. Quicksilver – One can control iTunes from Quicksilver along with many other amazing commands.
3. The Unarchiver – If your Mac comes across compressed file formats that it can’t recognize, this is the application for you. You can not only uncompress files with this free Apple laptop application, but automatically delete zipped files later.
4. Adium – This is a free Apple laptop application you are going to love. You can connect to almost every messaging system that exists, be it Google Talk, Facebook Chat, AIM, Myspace IM, MSN, ICQ or Bonjour.
5. iPodDisk – With this application you can move music off an iPod without having to use iTunes.
6. Burn – This application adds many more file formats to your existing Mac OS X’s built in disc recorder.
7. Handbrake – This is a multi-threaded video converter which converts DVD or multimedia files into AVI, MKV, MP4, MPEG-4, Theora or H.264 formats.
8. Miro – You can setup RSS feeds for automated downloading of videos.
9. Caffeine – This free Apple laptop application goes in the menu bar. It allows you either turn off the screen saver or delay it for the time you set on it. This way, there are fewer or no interruptions.
10. GIMP – This application is similar to Photoshop, not as good but can be downloaded for free.
11. SuperDuper – This great and free Apple laptop application makes bootable copies of your drive and is very useful especially when you are sending your Mac in for repairs.
12. iStat Pro – This application displays information about your Mac like CPU temperature and disk space.
13. Dropbox – With this application, you can store files and access them from any Internet connection later.
14. Cyberduck – This is the best uploader and downloader for various browsers. All you need to do is drag and drop and upload or download whatever you want without any hassles.
15. NetNewsWire -This RSS reader comes with an account at NewsGator.com for free. This application also lets you read your feeds on your iPhone and sync bookmarks back to your MacBook.
There are many other free apple laptop applications you can find online these days. The applications that are mentioned in this article can be used by everybody.